Wild and Scenic Rivers Hill Week
There are many ways to connect with the Wild and Scenic Rivers Coalition, including participating in Wild and Scenic Rivers Hill Week, hosted annually in Washington DC in March.
Rivers Hill Week 2024
Where/When: Virtual learning sessions online on zoom February 13-15. In-person in Washington DC March 18-22.
Who: Anyone working in a river protection career (non-profit, agency, consultant, professor, student etc.) is welcome to attend.
Cost: Free. Those travelling to DC are responsible for their own travel costs.
Register for Virtual Sessions: To participate in the upcoming virtual sessions February 13-15 on zoom, register for free online (schedule below).
Travel to DC: Plan to travel to DC early on Monday, March 18 and return home Friday, March 22. If you are attending agency leadership meetings scheduled for the afternoon of March 18, you may instead need to travel to DC on Sunday, March 17.
Lodging: To reserve a room in shared housing within walking distance of the Capitol, email Coalition Coordinator Lisa Ronald and be prepared to pay for your share (~$250/night) by January 10. Houses include multiple individual rooms and shared living room, kitchen, and other common areas. Group housing is a great opportunity to connect with your fellow river advocates during Hill Week. We try to pair those who do not work together or know one another in group housing for richer networking.
- House #1 Maryland Ave, sleeps 6-8 (also reserved Sunday night for those coming for agency meetings)
- House #2 D St SE, sleeps 6-8
- River Protection Bill List (printable PDF of final list will be available before Hill Week DC)
- Congressional Meetings Spreadsheet (PDF) (you must be a Coalition member to edit this information, see email from Lisa following December 1 meeting)
- Wild and Scenic Rivers and Congressional Districts Interactive Map
Learn more about successes from past Wild and Scenic Rivers Hill Weeks.